I’ve spent a lot of time in the internet crafting and planner world. A LOT. I love following people for inspiration, to make new friends and to learn new skills. One thing I always found was missing, however, was someone who really felt like me. There is so much perfection out there, so much beautiful staging, so many soothing voices… no one seemed loud or obnoxious or messy. So one day, with the support of many friends in the planner community, I started uploading videos to YouTube.
I didn’t censor myself.
I showed my mistakes.
And I’ve kept on doing that. My lighting isn’t always perfect, my language certainly raises some eyebrows, and while I’ve gotten better at staging, I’m not exactly Pinterest perfect. And that is fine with me.
I have no idea what is going to happen as I continue on this journey in internet land (and *gulp* business) but one thing’s for certain… I’m gonna make all sorts of mistakes along the way.
And I’m fine with that.
20 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I’ve lived in Northen California my entire life.
- I’ve been married twice, and share 50% custody of my kids.
- I have no problem purging clothing, but you can pry my art supplies from my cold, dead hands.
- I am an extremely picky eater.
- I am the oldest of three girls.
- My favorite color is green, the pukier, the better.
- Singing is one of my favorite hobbies, and I currently sing in a small ensemble at my church.
- Stephen King is my favorite author.
- My professional idol would be a cross between Jenna Marbles and Dyan Reaveley.
- I currently live in Napa, CA (and my husband works in the wine industry).
- I got my start hand lettering working as a sign artist for Trader Joe’s for more than ten years…
- …and before that I was a cake decorator for 7 years at another grocery store.
- Both of my parents passed away suddenly in their 40s (my dad when he was 40, and my mother 5 years later at the age of 45).
- Mashed potatoes are my favorite food.
- I am not a cat person, but I have a cat named Loki who is the greatest cat of all time. Fight me on this.
- I am a Unitarian Universalist. (I feel like if I ever have a FAQ this will be a big one, as I apparently talk a lot about “church” in my videos.)
- I am seven years older than my husband. #cougar
- I am legally blind, have some struggles hearing, but I can smell mildew from 20 feet away.
- I get grouchy if the couch cushions aren’t straight, but somehow my desk is ALWAYS a mess.
- I have Polycystic Kidney Disease. It is genetic (my father passed away from an aneurysm due to PKD complications) and there is no cure. My future hold dialysis and hopefully a kidney transplant. I am currently in stage 4 of kidney disease, with my kidney function hovering around 26%. If you would like to learn more, check out The PKD Foundation.